Friday, November 8, 2013

Restarting Pikachu

I had started working on a Pikachu a couple of months ago and ram low on yarn..... And have spent two months trying to get the right shade and brand. Only to fail repeatedly.

That's what I get for playing fast and loose with ball bands and being oh so sure of myself when I started the project. Sure that doubling the project from the original pattern would not be an issue. Over confident. And it bit me in the ass.

Last night, I picked up the skein of not quite right, but it will do in a pinch if I start over.... And I cast on. I have hours and hours to go before I will be where I left off with the other yarn. And Weeks to go before he will be done. But its easy (if a little boring).

The night before last... My son and I were in the car on the way to his brother's house so they could watch then during my knitting class. He wanted to know more about what I was going to be teaching. I explained that it was intermediate knitting and about it being for folks who want to take their knitting to the next level.

Really? That's cool mom. But I wouldn't want to waste your time.

I was completely lost. Had no clue what he was talking about. But wanted to reassure him that any time I spent with him was always the best part of my day and never a waste.

No, he just knew how important my charity and 'special' knitting projects that he wouldn't want to slow my knitting time down for me to teach him additional knitting skills.

Grins....

You mean you don't want me to delay the knitting on the Pikachu I am making for you, don't you?

Big toothy grin from the backseat. Pretty much. LOL

No comments: