Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nearly there - but not quite done yet.



Oh, so close. But it doesn't seem like it's going to be quite the right size just yet. This is for the bottom bunk on my son's bunk bed - which is Full-sized. I don't want a lot of drape down either side... and my first thought before I seamed it was that I didn't think it would be wide enough. But, now that I've laid it out, I'm relieved that the width seems fine.

Of course? The height is too short. LOL. And my little 'a' is getting taller by the day. So, one idea I had was to add a third set of 15 blocks ... but I don't know that it needs to be quite that long.

Instead I'm thinking about blocking out some verbiage and creating a single panel all the way across the top...  "Mario" or "Mario & Luigi" across the top... and "know your mushrooms..." across the bottom.

I was thinking red lettering for Mario and maybe green for the "know your mushrooms"... but one look at the logos' and it's got a lot of different primary colors per letter... I'm hoping to sleep on it and focus on making the last two panels in December and finish the seaming before Christmas.

No comments: