Thursday, July 25, 2013

Annual Goals Progress

So, my annual goals & where I am on them... I figure that since I spent a good seven weeks unable to knit; I'm doing pretty well still on some of my goals even though I'm not quite at the 50% mark and it's a little over half the year over. Some goals are going to end up being too much of a stretch possibly, but that's ok with me.

ORIGINAL GOAL - 3 clothing items for me - CURRENT PROGRESS - 50%

1. Green & cream zig zag tank completed in June
2. Green tank at 50% mark in July
-- I should be able to finish the tank by this weekend... that leaves one more. I'd like to do a simple, quick fall sweater and have a few ideas... something that only takes a couple of weeks, is my ideal - And I'm thinking $5 in Paris right now with 3/4 length sleeves might fit the bill.

ORIGINAL GOAL - 3 pairs of socks for me - CURRENT PROGRESS - 33%

1. Purple socks in June
-- Two more pairs of socks in the last five months of the year? This should be something I can work in!

ORIGINAL GOAL - 13 blankets - CURRENT PROGRESS - 45%

1. Blue/Navy/White modified log cabin baby blanket - Jan
2. Bunny Buddy Baby blanket/toy - Feb
3. Not-so-baby-sized blue/gray/white striped blanket - Mar
4. Stained Glass Windows Baby Blanket - Mar
5. Striped pastel Baby Blanket - June
6. Striped pastel Baby Blanket - July
7. Mario Blanket - about 33% mark as of July
8. Aran Sampler Blanket - about 25% mark as of July
-- This one is iffy. I'll be able (I think) finish the Mario blanket this year. I can keep working on the Aran Sampler Blanket - but I don't know if I can do enough to make a blanket. And I do have one more baby blanket pattern burning a hole in my pocket; but it'll take a little longer to make over the super simple, fast ones. And I'm getting tired of working on the super-fast ones... so I might be able to whip out a couple more blankets. Just not sure I'll hit 50.

ORIGINAL GOAL - 50 charity hats - CURRENT PROGRESS 45%

Rather than list them all out - I've got 23 hats completed, and several already shipped off... and #24 is already on the needles and I'm sure I can finish it before the end of the month, if not maybe even a 25th one as well.

-- I'm pretty sure I can meet, if not exceed this goal. Hats are my go-to carry around projects. I don't have to think. I can just grab the needles and some scrap yarn and whip one out without a lot of preparation - so it travels well when other projects don't.  And I'm debating challenging myself with NerdWars to create about 30 or 40 charity hats in three months (most of which can go into classes in the cup; leaving me more time to focus on the Mario Blanket).

So, all told, not too bad of shape.

No comments: