Saturday, March 13, 2010

Inartsia Star War Charts --- chart patterns

When making my son's Star Wars blanket I found a LOT of great and really useful patterns online. Since I appreciated the value they offered, I decided that I could do the same.

These patterns are available free for use - as long as it's personal use, and/or for donations to charity. They aren not being made available for use in earning money either by being for sale or for making items to be sold. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns via the Blogger contact link.

I've adopted the Excel Charts into graphics so that fewer people will have issues with usage. To save locally, click on each chart you wish to use - which should open in a new window/tab in a larger size. Then right-click on each image to save to your computer.

I adapted each chart by adding rows above/below and left/right so that they all ended up with 34 stitches across and 42 rows tall. These worked well in addition to some other Charts I found online.

Yoda Chart



General Grievous



Darth Maul





Droid


Star Fighter




Crossed Light Sabers



8 comments:

ReadingSekhmet said...

Thank you so much for this info on the Star Wars charts. My 6yr old is asking for a Star Wars blanket, and my guidelines is that it must be red. You have helped me out so much with your information and blog. I'll friend you on Ravelry so we can keep up with our blankets together (unless you have a pic of your finished blanket). Thanks again!
Erika
aka readingsekhmet

Frida said...

Thank you so much for sharing these charts. Exactly what I was looking for :) Thank you and have a nice weekend :)

Gaby said...

Many thanks for sharing the charts!!! I have two boys (8 and 10) and they're fans of Star Wars; they wanted a blanket too :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I would like to make this blanket for my son. He is a huge Star Wars fan :) I was curious how you joined your squares.
Did you pick up stitches and Garter stitch?

Penny said...

In order to add 'bulk' to the size of my squares to get to the size I wanted for the finished blanket, I used a double-crochet stitch border around each square. Then I joined the squares with a single crochet seam.

Unknown said...

Have you ever created a star wars logo pattern? If not that would be sick! Been wanting my grandma to knit a blanket for me with a black background and the words in the middle done in yellow. She needs a darn pattern though! Haha can't find one anywhere!!

Ellisen said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Granddaughter is into Star Wars!